1 (18.25 ounce) packaged white cake mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil or silicone liners. If you prefer not to line your sheets, lightly grease them with nonstick cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, place the cake mix, oil, eggs and nutmeg. Mix with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are moistened and just blended. This dough will be very stiff.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls by rolling them between your palms and roll them in the sugar-cinnamon mixture to coat.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on your prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are pale golden and just set and the tops are just barely set and still soft when lightly touched with your fingertip. You don't want to over bake these since they are best when still chewy in the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute or two on the pan and then transfer the snickerdoodles to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe Source: Best Ever Cookie Collection