4 tsp Salt
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp White Pepper
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1-2 Onions, chopped (optional)
6-8 Yellow Potatoes (optional)
1. Combine spices in a small bowl.
2. If necessary, remove giblets from inside of chicken. Rinse inside and outside of chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Massage chicken with spice mixture.
4. Place onions and potatoes in the bottom of the CrockPot and lay the chicken on top. I usually put some onions inside the chicken too.
5. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until chicken is falling off the bone.
The original recipe found at food.com recommends rubbing the spices on the chicken the night before you plan to cook it. I am never that organized and I think it is awesome without that step.
Recipe source: RealFoodAllergyFree.com