-1 Roll Breakfast Sausage
-1 Tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
-1 Pkg Softened Cream Cheese
- Brown sausage and drain. In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage with softened cream cheese.
- Remove crescent roll dough from packaging do not separate sections, and roll out into a rectangle, sealing the perforated areas with your fingers- so the cream cheese doesn't ooze out of the cracks!
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough in a thin even layer.
- Roll the dough lengthwise (if you roll from the short side- the pinwheels will be fatter- but you wont get as many!)
- Once rolled up- refrigerate for at least 20 minutes- or if you are in a hurry like I usually am, put it in the freezer til' firm... this will help the dough keep shape while cutting.
- Cut in about 1/4" sections and lay on baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until crescent roll is cooked.