1 2⁄3 cups water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
5 tablespoons cocoa
1 (14 ounce) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks , beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells
- Mix water and cornstarch and cocoa until smooth
- Stir in Eagle Brand milk and egg yolks.
- Cook until thick in saucepan or microwave.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Cool slightly (stirring occasionally).
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- For meringue: Preheat oven to 400°.
- Top with meringue and brown.
- Or may top with whipped cream after chilling pie