The job everyone hates to do, but loves when it's accomplished!
I love when my house is totally clean. That is why I love spring cleaning. I don't necessarily love to do it...but love how it feels when it is done. So we are starting with the hardest room to spring clean...the kitchen. I may even do this a few nights in a row instead of doing it all in one day. You decide what works best for you.
Tomorrow's post...we will tackle the bathroom...oh yeah...it's time! :-)
What You Need
When I started this website, I wanted to be able to give you a variety of information. I wanted to speak words (type words) that would be helpful to you. I have seen the site grow from just a few taking a look everyday to close to 4,000 checking it out. This has happened in in a little over a month and a half. I am so thankful for each of you and your continued support. I made this video yesterday (only took 60 takes LOL) - it is not perfect...but does show a little bit of my heart for this site. It will be on the home page so that those that come and visit and have no idea who I am, can "hear" the voice behind the typing. (southern drawl or SE MO hick accent...however you see it LOL).
1. Drink plenty of water. Pee often and vigorously.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2011.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And, while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others; you have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts on things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over-do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past, so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
For the next few posts on the Great Idea Series, I will be posting some cool tips for everyday uses of ordinary items that you already have in your home. When you read these, and you know some other uses for these items...be sure to leave a comment and let us all know what they are. (as a side note...please encourage your friends to check out the site and join it) If you have just been coming and reading...I'm so thankful for you, and I ask that you join as well...I want this to have a real community feel to it! Enjoy the tips!