White chocolate chips
Blue sugar sprinkles
- Wash the strawberries and let them dry completely. (If they are still wet, the chocolate will not stick to the berries.)
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring it occasionally, until it is smooth and runny.
- Pour blue sprinkles into another bowl.
- Dip the strawberries in the white chocolate to cover roughly 2/3 of each berry with white chocolate.
- Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl and wipe away any globs of chocolate at the end of the berry.
- Then dip the strawberry into the blue sprinkles to cover roughly the bottom 1/3 of the berry with a blue stripe.
- Place the dipped strawberries on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Place the berries, uncovered, in the refrigerator to harden.
- Store leftover berries in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Chocolate-covered strawberries are best when eaten within 1 or 2 days of being made.